The spine is a complex network of bones, joints, ligaments, nerves and tendons with each delicate connection forming an intricate balance in the pursuit of daily comfort and function. The slightest displacement can greatly impact your life whether you spend your days seated or standing, in frequent motion or relative immobility. MIDISC Spine Care offers a comprehensive approach to spine assessment and treatment for patients with all levels of discomfort.
Four out of every five people will experience pain in their lower back or neck at some point in their lives. Regardless of the care and precaution you may exercise, issues can arise. Thankfully, many of these issues can be resolved without surgery. Most importantly, A spine surgery consultation does not necessarily result in surgery.
It is the goal of Dr. Robert T. Getter to pursue all non-surgical options if reasonable. Dr. Getter takes pride in staying on the cusp of new techniques and technology in the field of neurosurgical and orthopedic spinal procedures in order to provide minimally invasive treatment with as quick a recovery period as possible.
Some of the most common spinal conditions include:
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Upper Extremity Pain, Numbness/Tingling, Weakness
- Cervical Stenosis
- Cervical Disc Herniations |”slipped disc”
- Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease
- Neck Pain
- Thoracic Disc Herniations
- Thoracic Compression Fractures
- Thoracic Degenerative Disc Disease
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Lower Extremity Pain, Cramping, Tightness, Numbness/Tingling, Weakness
- Lumbar Herniated Disc “slipped disc”
- Low Back Pain
- Buttock and Hip Pain
- Spondylolisthesis (unstable spine)